The Valorums Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[Guide] Helping out on Dailies

Reply to topic    The Valorums Forum Index » The grounds » The Sheer lock room Previous topic
[Guide] Helping out on Dailies
Enshoku
Officers

Kongregate name: Enshoku

Post [Guide] Helping out on Dailies Reply with quote
This is my attempt to rank the daily quests based on importance. Those at the top are the most important, those at the bottom are the least important.

To the Left, To the Left!
quest giver: Dewey Bluesteel
Obviously top priority. Its the best daily XP you can get, and gives 11,500 per day for 10 kills. All you need to do is kill ten letters, a trivial task at level 14.

Better, Faster, Stronger
quest giver: Lara Hotpants
This quest potentially has the highest reward per adventures possible, offering slightly over 4,000 fubars for 1-3 adventures. The only downside to this quest is that it requires a fish, so I would recommend always having a spare exceptional in your backpack for convenience. The manatee is found at the mangle, at the erroneous position.

Hit the Grind Running
Quest giver: B&G Poster
Kill one random enemy at the bump and grinder for three foodstuffs worth around 7,000. Slightly more efficient than than grind their bones, but you should always try to do it in conjunction with the bone grinding quest.

Grind their bones to get your XP
Quest giver: The Keeper of the Bar
Kill ten enemies at the bump and grinder, reward is two foodstuffs worth around 4,600. It's a pretty standard daily quest, with the advantage of being doable by literally anyone.

The Top Banana

Quest giver: Shifty Kong
Get one top banana from a powerful monkey to complete this quest. The reward is worth about 2k, but has two problems. The first is that it requires you to use the monkey suit to initiate it, which is a pain, and the second is that the prerequisite quest isn't all that spectacular as far as rewards go.

Going Bananas

Quest giver: Skeezy Kong
Get ten bananas from the monkeys in the ape city. The reward for this quest really isn't worth much, but it does unlock the Top Banana quest, which is nice. Also requires the monkey suit. Ten adventures for around 2k reimbursment.

Jamie's Quests
Quest giver: Prof. Jamie Savage Adam
I grouped these two because which one you get alternates each time, and one of them is much better than the other. The S.C.O.A.B. mission is 6-14 adventures for a little over 2,000, which isn't too bad, but the escaped booms mission offers no reward and uses 8 adventures on weak monsters. The B.O.O.M quest really does hurt the utility of the S.C.O.A.B. quest.

Learn to Live Like an Animal
Quest giver: Melanie Hugglepup
This quest has a number of problems. The first is that you have to waste 10 adventures collecting moongrass to initiate it, and then around 10 more to complete it, all for 4k worth of equips. The larger problem for most people of course is that it's broken as hell, and usually refuses to work. I wouldn't recommend this quest unless you have nothing better to burn adventures on.

Ruff 'em Up

Quest giver: Amma Terraneo
This quest has little redeeming value, save for the fact that the argent yarn quest items may have some use later. It's a waste of 12 adventures to kill the dogs other than the argent items.

Hallow the Mallow
Quest giver: The top chef
To do this quest you must collect three marshmellow cheeps, then grind in the hot, hot boiler until they melt. There are only two reasons to ever do this quest, and both involve doing the quest an annoying amount of times for almost no reward. At ten turn-ins you receive the schmallow-bomb recipe, which allows you to craft a very powerful usable object. At 25(!) turn-ins, you get a low level equip called the s'mored and board, which is only useful for the achievement you get for equipping it. Depending on how much trouble you have bossing, the Schmallows may be worth it, but the S&B really isn't worth the 180-250 adventures it would end up costing.

Neygiri's quests/Pulp Faction Daily
Quest giver: Neygiri
Both of these quests involve fighting incredibly weak mobs for next to no reward. There is no redeeming value to this quest at all after level seven.

Work in progress, feel to to comment on improvements.

Last edited by Enshoku on Mon 7 Mar - 09:24 (2011); edited 6 times in total
Sat 5 Mar - 12:35 (2011)
Publicité

Post Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Sat 5 Mar - 12:35 (2011)
Swarley
The caretaker

Kongregate name: Seph04

Great job and thanks !

Could I suggest to copy this in the Sheer lock section so that everybody can see it ? (i'll do it, but if you want to try it's the moderate this forum on the bottom left hand corner of this page)

And if you need to add something, leave an note saying that it was last edited on this date so that the others know that we are active

Other than that i'm a bit surprised by the sar chasm quest but since I can do the library quest, great xp owns X)

Sat 5 Mar - 13:49 (2011)
Enshoku
Officers

Swarley wrote:
Great job and thanks !

Could I suggest to copy this in the Sheer lock section so that everybody can see it ? (i'll do it, but if you want to try it's the moderate this forum on the bottom left hand corner of this page)

And if you need to add something, leave an note saying that it was last edited on this date so that the others know that we are active

Other than that i'm a bit surprised by the sar chasm quest but since I can do the library quest, great xp owns X)

Done. I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone above level 10 doing the bottom four unless they have a specific reason, and I would recommend that level 14's only do the top 4, and then focus the rest of the adventures on gauntlets, dragons, rare item scrounging, or just plain collecting interesting things like extra lives.

Sat 5 Mar - 14:07 (2011)
Swarley
The caretaker

Kongregate name: Seph04

Enshoku wrote:
Done. I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone above level 10 doing the bottom four unless they have a specific reason, and I would recommend that level 14's only do the top 4, and then focus the rest of the adventures on gauntlets, dragons, rare item scrounging, or just plain collecting interesting things like extra lives.

Maybe you could put a bit of colour so that it's even more eye catching ?

Btw to underline the fact that i'm still a nab, what's "extra lives" ?

Sat 5 Mar - 14:20 (2011)
Chonas
Leader

Kongregate name: chonas

hallow the mallows yields a "schmallow bomb recipe" after 10 completions which can be used to create a consumable that stuns the opponent for a turn.

Sat 5 Mar - 14:38 (2011)
Axkom
Leader

Kongregate name: Axkom

Very nice, though I've got a couple of suggestions.

Might be nice to add that for the library using the whip n' chair makes it a complete cakewalk.  Also, when I did Jamie Savage's quests, they didn't alternate randomly but it was an every other time thing; so booms, scoab, booms, scoab, etc.  Finally, I thought the one for skeezy kong was to get him 10 bananas, not 7.

Sat 5 Mar - 18:34 (2011)
Enshoku
Officers

Swarley wrote:

Maybe you could put a bit of colour so that it's even more eye catching ?

Btw to underline the fact that i'm still a nab, what's "extra lives" ?

Extra lives are a currently useless item that can be earned in nostalgya by trading 100 coins to Sage Eru. I'll deal with formatting and coloring as time allows.

Axkom wrote:
Very nice, though I've got a couple of suggestions.

Might be nice to add that for the library using the whip n' chair makes it a complete cakewalk.  Also, when I did Jamie Savage's quests, they didn't alternate randomly but it was an every other time thing; so booms, scoab, booms, scoab, etc.  Finally, I thought the one for skeezy kong was to get him 10 bananas, not 7.

Yeah, I fucked up and mixed up Melanie's original grass request with bananas. Once you are level 14, the letters should really be a cakewalk anyways, even if you use a level 1 soap on a rope. You are also correct about Jamie's , I guess I worded it poorly.

Chonas wrote:
hallow the mallows yields a "schmallow bomb recipe" after 10 completions which can be used to create a consumable that stuns the opponent for a turn.

Expanded upon the quest rewards for hallow.

Sat 5 Mar - 20:45 (2011)
ventas123
Ambassador

Kongregate name: ventas123

For the 2 BnG quests its a little bit off.

For Keeper of the Bar you get 1 Porkinberry Cereal (2.3k~) and 1 LL Cool (2.3k~)

For Poster you get 3 Cheesy Blasters (they recently upped the value from 1.8k~ to 2.3k~)

These are both when the mobs are lvl 12, if you are lower level you get different rewards.

Sat 5 Mar - 21:23 (2011)
Enshoku
Officers

Yeah, I knew something was wrong there, but the wiki wasn't in depth, so I was just going to wait for my B&G dailies to confirm everything. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sat 5 Mar - 21:38 (2011)
bloatedsack
Valorians

Kongregate name: bloatedsack

Nice work!

I'm not big and strong enough to take on the library yet, but at least now I know how to prioritize the others.

Thanks for quantifying them.

Sun 6 Mar - 03:52 (2011)
maqi
Valorians

Kongregate name: sliceof

Yes, this is a great guide. Good work.

Sun 6 Mar - 19:07 (2011)
Contenu Sponsorisé

Post [Guide] Helping out on Dailies

Today at 02:01 (2018)
Reply to topic    The Valorums Forum Index » The grounds » The Sheer lock room All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation