The Valorums Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Possibly useless items

Reply to topic    The Valorums Forum Index » The grounds » The Sheer lock room Previous topic
Possibly useless items
Axkom
Leader

Kongregate name: Axkom

Post Possibly useless items Reply with quote
In trying to maximize the space in my backpack, I've realized that I'm holding on to a number of items that may or may not be useless - mainly paper items and trinkets. So I'm making this topic to 1) list those items, 2) note their uses (if I know them), 3) find out their uses (if you guys know them), and 4) determine whether or not to hang on to them.  As such, feel free to post your feelings on these items as well as putting up questions about any items you're not sure about, but that I don't list here.  Here goes:

Archibald's Autograph - use (if any) is unknown to me, though I'm hanging on to it since it seems there will be new content for Trainwreck eventually (especially stuff that involves Archibald/his findings from whatever stuff I gave him so long ago) - leaning towards keeping

Hall Pass - if worn as your trinket, it allows you to adventure in the hallways of P.H.S. without encountering the Hell Monitor.  While a minor benefit, I actually did use this to great effect for some time, since doing so makes the hallways have only 3 possible enemies, 2 of which allow you to use your recovery ability - as a mathemagician, that basically meant I could spend just 2 or 3 adv points to regain more or less all of my energy points (god bless sleight recalculation) as opposed to paying ridiculous sums to the nurse or using a lot more adv points in bed.  However, now that I have the beard armor, I have a much easier way to get free energy points back - leaning towards selling

Inane Babbles of the Undeadmaster - currently no use that I know of, this item seems like it probably won't have any tangible use, but it does seem to offer clues of a sort - leaning towards keeping

Jeweled Dog Collar - a trinket that, to my knowledge, has no known use - leaning towards keeping

Rune Stone of the Dungeoner - a trinket that I'm not so sure about.  I've heard that it supposedly increases the drop rate from battles, but I don't know if anyone has actually proven this.  In addition, I've actually found that it is possible to get more than one of these (I had 2 at the same time just today) so, if it does become important at a later time, getting rid of it now would not be that huge a deal - leaning towards selling

Spooky Flashlight - earliest trinket in the game, it let's you enter the Janitor's Closet.  However, I have noticed that I am now able to enter the janitor's closet even without the flashlight equipped, so unless this is given another use in future content, it seems pretty useless - leaning towards selling

Sticky Bowling Shoes - a crafted trinket that I'm not aware of any use for.  It should be easy enough to re-craft if gotten rid of, but getting the ingredients (bowling shoes and bottle of glue) could be a bit tedious - leaning towards keeping

Thornsides's Letters of Accusation/Resignation - I'm pretty sure these have no use and highly doubt they ever will, but since they are part of a Nostalgya storyline, I'm still hesitant to get rid of them since Nostalgya is obviously a place that would be filled with a lot more content whenever they do put out new content - leaning towards selling

Anyways, let me know what you think.  Also, other items that might be considered could include: fragments of the Harubrik's staff, Head-piece of the Harubrik's staff, De-Puft Marshmallow man.  Anyways, that's all that come's to my mind right now.

Mon 7 Mar - 19:38 (2011)
Publicité

Post Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Mon 7 Mar - 19:38 (2011)
Chonas
Leader

Kongregate name: chonas

I haven't found shoes yet, so I'd keep those. . .and the flashlight since we don't know . . if nothing for the flashlight comes out next update i'm selling mine.  I got rid of everything else you mentioned

Mon 7 Mar - 22:44 (2011)
ventas123
Ambassador

Kongregate name: ventas123

I heard (I can't confirm its true of false) but you can only get Jeweled Collar once.

Just something to consider.

Mon 7 Mar - 23:37 (2011)
Chonas
Leader

Kongregate name: chonas

Heard that too. . .I imagine if they release something that has to do with it they'll unlock them again.  Are trinkets soulbound after equip?

Mon 7 Mar - 23:39 (2011)
Axkom
Leader

Kongregate name: Axkom

Yeah, I don't really want to get rid of any trinkets without knowing their function, since it seems highly unlikely the devs would put them in without one.  Also, I checked to see whether or not I could put up the hall pass for sale at IHOA, and I could, so trinkets aren't soulbound once equipped.

Anyways, I decided to get rid of the Thornside letters, the hall pass and the rune stone.

As for Archibald's Autograph, I have to say that it seems like an item that really could have a use later on, if for nothing else then just for the random way it was given.  I don't really know how else to put it, but in a way it reminds me a lot of the Hobo Code.

Tue 8 Mar - 00:40 (2011)
Contenu Sponsorisé

Post Possibly useless items

Today at 16:18 (2018)
Reply to topic    The Valorums Forum Index » The grounds » The Sheer lock room All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation