The Valorums Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Raids/Raid Attendance

Reply to topic    The Valorums Forum Index » The grounds » The atrium Previous topic
Raids/Raid Attendance
MeekalMykee

Kongregate name: MeekalMykee

Post Raids/Raid Attendance Reply with quote
Raid Attendance is spotty at best and tonight the guild leader isn't even here (I understand if something came up but please tell someone if possible). We need to keep track of who comes to raids, we need to keep track of guild items and we need to get more players involved in the raids. Out of 50 people that the guild can hold we should be getting 1/2 to show up to a raid. Lets work on something so that our guild surpass Pwnies (who are lame anyways)

Wed 6 Apr - 06:04 (2011)
Publicité

Post Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Wed 6 Apr - 06:04 (2011)
bloatedsack
Valorians

Kongregate name: bloatedsack

I think you're right, but people tend to play at all different hours. Here's one idea on how to fix the issue:

Step 1 - get the members on this forum
Step 2 - create a new thread where everyone can post their play time and favorite raid time
Step 3 - find a good raid time based on that info

Once we get a good raid time, then we can start busting people on attendance. I'm also not sure if people are good about checking the guild message or their mail. I think those people should be out of the guild (especially if we have anyone who wants to join). I'm not saying kick for not showing up, but we should track participation the best way possible. The old leader used to monitor activity closely and boot anyone that wasn't pulling their weight. If we're not full, then that's sort of a non-issue (unless we have anyone looting the GV, of course). 

Anyway, I've rambled.

Wed 6 Apr - 19:29 (2011)
MeekalMykee

Not much of a ramble at all my friend. Lets start the topic and see what we can get done. I'd start linking Guild Members to the site but lets see if we can get the link messaged to the whole guild first. All the officers stopped playing (one person said they have been dead on his BFF list for 2+ days) so I think we need to change them to members and swap in some active people that Fryingpan (I think he always does enchanting and talks fairly often)

I think for raid attendance, you have to deposit an item in the vault, even if you instantly with-drawl it and use it. Then there is a log of who went to the raid and who didn', that doesn't HAVE to be finished right then and can be double checked easily even days after. Things like people that don't show up to at least 1 raid/week=kicked doesn't seem unreasonable. I would like it to be more then that (maybe 3) but thats something the guild can decide on.

Wed 6 Apr - 19:44 (2011)
bloatedsack
Valorians

The forum link is displayed in the guild room. I'm not sure people see it, or how much traction it's getting. The way we got this off the ground before was the insistance of the leader (If you're not on the forum in 3 days, you'll be kicked).

You're right about the officers. There has been a real changing of the guard in this guild. I'm not sure if any of the current officers are still up to the task. Maybe Ella should reach out to them and try to figure out what's up.

On kicking: I think it's up to either a dictator, or a wider audience to figure out the rules for kicking. I only think missing raids is kickable if:
- The guild is full and we have eager applicants
- The player doesn't contribute to the guild in some other way (for example, being very active at farming and contributing to the GV). 

But again, that's a rule we still need to establish. In the old guard, the boss would kick anyone not active for 3 days. He checked for levelling announcements, GV activity, and mail. I learned that one the hard way after a long weekend.  Shocked

He was firm with the guild, but our results were solid. He directed what should be in the GV based on bringing up anyone not yet 14 (quest items) , raid items, and crafting items specified on a spreadsheet (linked from another post).

Thu 7 Apr - 00:20 (2011)
MeekalMykee

GV doesn't have enough space. I think raid rewards or crafting items should be put on a character that all the officers have access to. What do you guys think?

Thu 7 Apr - 01:10 (2011)
MeekalMykee

Alright, I got a Ventrilo server we can use. We have other things like Chatzy, Meebo.com, Yahoo/MSN, etc but I think Ventrilo might be the easiest for coordination as it can run very easily in the background and the use of audio equipment is faster then typing. If we are going to use a chat room while raiding then I think just changing to room 3 is the easiest. I would like to get the whole raid on Ventrilo so that we can quickly start up and do updates on raid counts. What do you guys think about the Ventrilo vs Room 3?

Sat 9 Apr - 08:14 (2011)
bloatedsack
Valorians

I, for one, appreciate your effort. Chat 3 seems generally adequate, except I usually cannot connect to Kong chat when I'm playing at work. 

I've never used Ventrilo, but if you post some instructions on how we can use it to coordinate I'm game for trying it. If we can't get the rest of the guild to actually read the forum, then I'm not sure how we can drive them to it, but I'll just leave that issue to the side for now. 

Sun 10 Apr - 04:38 (2011)
Saltninja

Kongregate name: Saltninja

I think using Vent would be going overboard.  Some members (self included) may not have a headset/mic, so they wouldn't be able to participate.  Also, i don't think it would be THAT vital to have extra fast communication for these raids.... i mean, there isn't much strategy to discuss, just "Go here, kill this", whereas in other game's raids, every enemy may require a different complex strategy to take care of.

If getting vent would make more people get online for raids, then of course i'd support.  But in my experience, it's hard to get people to download the program or whatever. 

Sun 10 Apr - 19:38 (2011)
bloatedsack
Valorians

oh, is vent only for headsets? I agree that we don't need audio. It might be entertaining, and create guild bonding, but I wouldn't participate. 

I wouldn't mind a chat alternative, but that's primarily because I usually can't load the kong chat at work.  

Mon 11 Apr - 18:02 (2011)
MeekalMykee

Well, facebook and Kong people can use ventrillo. That is the main appeal.

Tue 19 Apr - 18:12 (2011)
Contenu Sponsorisé

Post Raids/Raid Attendance

Today at 16:19 (2018)
Reply to topic    The Valorums Forum Index » The grounds » The atrium All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation